- Select Schluter-RENO-U according to tile thickness. Fill the cavity beneath the sloped section of the profile with thin-set mortar.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approximately 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- For solid brass or aluminum, set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16” – 1/8” (1.5 – 3 mm). For stainless steel, leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.