- Select Schluter-TREP-SE/-S/-B according to tile thickness.
- Install riser tile flush with the stair tread surface.
- Apply thin-set mortar along edge area above riser.
- Fill cavities on the underside of the profile with thin-set mortar.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the thin-set mortar, making sure the front edge of the profile is aligned flush with the riser tile. Full coverage must be obtained at the edge area to ensure support of the profile.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the anchoring leg and the stair tread surface to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tread tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile.
- A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill joint completely with grout or setting material.
Note: When using Schluter-TREP-TAP, apply Schluter-KERDI-FIX or similar adhesive to the riser and insert the cover profile in the support section of Schluter-TREP-S/-B prior to installing the stair-nosing profile. TREP-TAP should not be used where it can extend past the bottom of the riser.