- Select Schluter-DILEX-HK according to tile thickness. Profile height, "U", must allow insertion of the tile into the tile pocket; for example, select "U 12" for a tile thickness between approx. 3/8" (10 mm) and 7/16" (11 mm).
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to wall and floor areas where the perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of profile into the mortar.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Insert floor tile into the tile pocket. Completely fill the remaining joint with grout or setting material.
- Solidly embed the wall tiles in the mortar, leaving a joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) between the wall tiles and the profile. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.